A new powerful MI28 is working in Somalia: thanks to the reliability and performance guaranteed by Massenza brand, the drilling rig will contribute to the supply of drinking water in the country.
The equipment is in fact able to drill wells up to 700 m depth even with diameters of 12" 1/4.
This thanks to its configuration designed specifically for the needs of the customer and the variety of the Somali terrain.
The MI28 is indeed complete with:
- 35 ton pull up system
- Massenza rotary head with 23500 Nm of maximum torque and 100 RPM of maximum rotation speed
- Massenza duplex mud pump 7"1/2 x 8" model PM200 with maximum flow of 2240 l / min and maximum pressure of 20 bar
- Iveco Cursor C10 diesel engine with 360 HP to power the drilling rig and the mud pump
- Iveco Cursor C13 diesel engine with 510 HP dedicated to power the compressor
- Atlas Copco air compressor model ORV12 with maximum pressure of 25 bar and maximum flow of 36 m³ / min
Massenza was the first company to adopt the solution to equip a drilling rig of this type of two engines, one for the rig and the mud pump and one dedicated only for the compressor.
The idea arose from the need to reduce the costs of initial investment and everyday work.
Why use a 700 HP engine when it is only drilled in mud and you do not need the compressor?
With two independent engines on board you can use only one, when it is not necessary to drill by air, with many benefits:
- lower fuel consumption
- lower initial investment (two smaller engines cost less than a much bigger one)
- less maintenance costs (a bigger engine also requires more "attentions")
- in the event that engine for the compressor needs maintenance, this will not compromise the continuity of the work, which will be ensured by the other engine